When you are busy preparing healthy meals for your family, go to the fettuccine recipe. They are quick, easy and suitable for children. Add a salad and crusty bread for a complete meal. Easy Shrimp Fettuccine choices include creamy vegetable parmesan Fettuccine, cream cheese and fettuccine Alfredo.
EASY SHRIMP Creamy Fettuccine
- 1 pound peeled, cleaned shrimp
- 1 / 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1 / 2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-oz pkg fettuccine noodles
- 2 / 3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups of boiling water. Add the shrimp in boiling water. Cook for 1 minute or until shrimp. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon from the pan, keep warm.
Continue boiling liquid and add the broth and garlic. Cook until the liquid has reduced to about half a cup. It takes about 10-12 minutes. Add mushrooms, cream, basil and salt. Simmer sauce over medium heat, stirring, for 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles according to the mode, drain well. The noodles in a large bowl.
Add shrimp to skillet and cook for a minute. Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Results: 4 servings
VEGETABLES fettuccine Parmesan
- 1 package (8 ounces) of pasta noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen green beans style, thawed
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into coins
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (10 3/4-oz) cream of mushroom, pure
- 3 / 4 cup milk
- 1 / 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10-inch skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. When the hot butter, green beans, peppers, squash, garlic and basil and cook until the vegetables are crisp tender. Remove the vegetables, but still hot. Mix soup, milk and Parmesan cheese into the pan and cook until blended and heated through. Mix noodles, heat is removed until coated.
To serve, place noodles on plates and top with vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Cream Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo
- Brick (8-oz) cream cheese
- 3 / 4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 / 2 cup butter
- 1 / 2 cup milk
- 8 oz fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish, optional
In large saucepan mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and milk together over low heat until melted soft cheese. Add cooked spaghetti and mix well. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.